Massachusetts’ hottest metropolis is claimed to be some of the costly locations to hire within the nation.
Boston has the fourth-highest hire for a one-bedroom house within the U.S., in keeping with Zumper’s July Nationwide Hire Report. The median value of a one-bedroom house in Boston is $2,600 a month, whereas the median worth of a two-bedroom house is $3,000, in keeping with the report.
Within the February Nationwide Hire Report, Boston was mentioned to have the third-highest hire for a one-bedroom house at $2,700 a month. San Jose, Calif., claimed the third spot in July with a median one-bedroom hire of $2,710 monthly.
“The U.S. Shopper Value Index is at its highest since November 1981, whereas wages lag far behind. As CPG corporations and property house owners clarify their intention to proceed elevating costs, home-buying demand is reducing, at the same time as our nation faces an ongoing housing scarcity,” Zumper mentioned. “Due to quickly growing rates of interest (and extra price hikes predicted), many would-be patrons are opting out of the market, creating extra demand for leases.”
New York Metropolis at the moment has the costliest median one-bedroom hire worth within the nation at $3,780. The second highest is San Francisco, Calif. with a median one-bedroom hire worth of $3,100, Zumper mentioned that is the very best median one-bedroom worth the California metropolis’s seen since July 2020.
“We proceed to see regular worth will increase in each main metropolis in each Tennessee and North Carolina. One-bedroom costs in Raleigh, Durham, Charlotte, Greensboro, Nashville, Chattanooga, Knoxville and Memphis have been on the rise for 2 years straight,” the report learn. “Migration to those areas–with their modest tax charges, comparatively low value of residing and outdoor-friendly life-style–exhibits no signal of slowing down.”
See under for the highest 10 most costly cities to hire in, in keeping with Zumper’s July Nationwide Hire Report:
10. Santa Ana, Calif. prices $2,070 monthly for a 1-bedroom
9. Oakland, Calif. prices $2,200 monthly for a 1-bedroom
8. Los Angeles, Calif. prices $2,400 monthly for a 1-bedroom
7. Washington, DC. prices $2,410 monthly for a 1-bedroom
6. San Diego, Calif. prices $2,430 monthly for a 1-bedroom
5. Miami, FL prices $2,500 monthly for a 1-bedroom
4. Boston, MA prices $2,600 monthly for a 1-bedroom
3. San Jose, Calif. prices $2,710 monthly for a 1-bedroom
2. San Francisco prices $3,100 monthly for a 1-bedroom
1. New York prices $3,780 monthly for a 1-bedroom
Associated Content material: