BOSTON – A Canadian man is accused of making bomb threats against hospitals in Boston and other major landmarks in the city.
Boston police said Monday that an investigation led to the arrest of 42-year-old Joshua Kimble in Peterborough, Ontario. He was arrested on September 26 and is awaiting trial in Canada.
The first batch of bomb threats was leveled online Sept. 9 against Boston Children’s Hospital, police said.
“Over the next four days, several more bomb threats were broadcast and received at the Prudential Center, the Orpheum Theater, Massachusetts General Hospital and the Boston Public Library,” police said in a statement. “All of these threats had similar details and appeared to originate from Canada based on the findings of Boston Police Department investigators.”
Police have not disclosed what those bomb threat details were. Last month, the FBIfor a “hoax bomb threat” against Boston Children’s Hospital.
The hospital said employees were inundated with threats over what they call “misinformation” about their treatment of transgender patients. FBI Boston Special Agent in Charge Joseph Bonavolonta said the hospital received dozens of harassing phone calls, emails, individual death threats and threats of mass casualties at the time.
Kimble’s arrest came after an investigation involving the FBI, Boston Police said. He faces 12 charges of public mischief and false information.