We have got huge information in sport, music and democracy as we speak.
- a racing horse drowned at Northfield Park
- the Boss returns to Cleveland after half a decade
- who’s Stephen Ayres? The Ohio man arrested for his half within the Jan. 6 assault on the Capitol spoke to the Choose Committee Tuesday
Climate: Some solar with a stray thunderstorm. Excessive: 78, Low: 67
From our sponsor: Hey Cleveland, need to see solely the finest Prime Day gross sales in a single place? We have got you lined! Click on right here to buy and save on TVs, Amazon gadgets, clothes, kitchen necessities and a lot extra.
Racing Horse Drowns In Pond At MGM Northfield Park
1) A racing horse at Northfield Park escaped its harness Monday night, bumped into an infield pond and drowned. The horse, named Alfred Hanover, received free because it was being disconnected from its racing cart. The horse completed second within the second race. The remaining 13 races at MGM Northfield Park have been canceled.
2) Bruce Springsteen and the E Avenue Band are returning to Cleveland in 2023. The Boss final performed Cleveland in February 2017. The live performance at Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse is scheduled for Wednesday, April 5, 2023. Tickets go on sale at 10 a.m. July 27.
3) Talking of rock ‘n’ roll, the Boss wouldn’t look kindly on this information — the Rock & Roll Corridor of Fame curator and director of acquisitions has been charged in a scheme to promote stolen, handwritten “Resort California” lyrics penned by Don Henley of the Eagles. Craig Inciardi is certainly one of three males accused of mendacity and plotting to dump the million-dollar lyrics. Inciardi, primarily based in New York, was most lately in Cleveland for the opening of the rock museum’s new exhibit, “The Beatles: Get Again To Let It Be,” which he assembled.
4) Who’s Stephen Ayres? The cabinetmaker from Northeast Ohio appeared on the U.S. Capitols Tuesday to clarify why he joined the throng of Trump followers who stormed into that very constructing on Jan. 6. Ayres, who stated he is “nothing however a household man and a working man,” informed a choose committee investigating the Jan. 6 rebel that he not believes the election was stolen from Trump. Ayres, who misplaced his job due to his habits, apologized to among the Capitol law enforcement officials after the listening to.
5) The residents of a house on Belmont Drive in Brooklyn Heights have twice had hassle with 911 emergency dispatch discovering their house, complicated it for an handle in Seven Hills. Within the first name 18 months in the past, an ambulance took 14 minutes to reply as a result of confusion and a retired police officer died. After the second name just a few weeks in the past, Linda Derbin informed the Fox 8 I-Crew, “They’d a yr and a half to repair it. What’s the issue?”
Fox 8 Information
📢 I am on the lookout for enterprise homeowners and entrepreneurs in Cleveland who need to construct consciousness, join with clients and enhance gross sales. I’ve a restricted variety of sponsorships accessible to introduce our Cleveland Day by day readers to native companies they should find out about. If that is you, then I invite you to be taught extra and safe your spot now.
5 Headlines You Want To See
- Dangerously Understaffed: 46 officers left Cleveland police in Might, June (Information 5 Cleveland WEWS)
- Middleburg Heights man dies after deadly crash on Interstate 77 in Cleveland (cleveland.com)
- Automobile plows into constructing in Clark-Fulton neighborhood in Cleveland (Cleveland 19 Information)
- Daughter of Cleveland Browns legend Joe Thomas reels in large muskie on Minnesota lake (WKYC.com)
- Cleveland officer recorded asleep on the wheel in the midst of Superior Avenue (video) (Cleveland 19 Information)
3 Issues To Do
- Sizzling Canines and Bobbleheads with the Cleveland Guardians. Wednesday evening at Progressive Discipline, with the White Sox on the town, is Cooler Bag Evening. Friday evening, with the Detroit Tigers, is $1 Sugardale Greenback Canine Evening. And Saturday afternoon, additionally with the Tigers, is José Ramírez Bobblehead Day. Extra information
- Def Leppard, Mötley Crüe, Poison, Joan Jett & the Blackhearts play FirstEnergy Stadium, Thursday, July 14. Gates open at 3:30 p.m. Extra information
- Celeste Barber: Positive, Thanks Dwell Tour is at Connor Palace, Friday, July 15, 7 p.m. Hailed because the “Australian Queen of Comedy”, Celeste’s authentic superstar parody Instagram account has attracted over 8.1 million followers. She is at present capturing a Netflix dramatic comedy sequence. Tickets begin at $54. Extra information
Latest Better Cleveland House Listings
Search newly listed houses, open homes and foreclosures.
Akron | Avon | Beachwood | Brecksville | Canton | Cleveland | Cleveland Heights | Cuyahoga Falls | Fairlawn-Bathtub | Kent | Lakewood | Mayfield | Mentor | Middleburg Heights-Berea | Shaker Heights | Solon | Strongsville | Stow | Twinsburg | Westlake
- “Baker Mayfield’s new boss supplied some CRITICISM of the Browns and the way in which they dealt with his state of affairs. 👀 #DawgPound #Browns” (Heavy on Browns through Fb)
- “Tostito is able to win your coronary heart together with his vibrant eyes and expressive little gremlin face! This tasty little snack of a pup has an addicting character, with some enjoyable and interesting charms that can preserve you coming again for extra.” (Metropolis Canines Cleveland through Fb)
- “5 extra days! Discover new trails on the Whiskey Island 5k introduced by CrossCountry Mortgage, LLC on July 17! Register now at clevelandmetroparks.com/whiskeyisland5k” (Cleveland Metroparks through Fb)
- “The Case Western Reserve College/Cleveland Play Home MFA Performing Program has as soon as once more been included in The Hollywood Reporter’s rankings of the Prime 25 Drama Colleges within the World!” (Cleveland Play Home through Fb)
You are formally within the loop for as we speak.